As a Graduate Mine Geologist, you will work in one of the world's most iconic mining districts, which has pioneered several Mining innovations whilst producing some of the current Local and Global Mining and Resource leaders. Our industry-leading and experienced professionals will challenge you each step of the way – to think differently, ask questions and come up with creative solutions. You will have access to unrivalled opportunities and unlimited potential to grow your career. This is your opportunity to test your skills and creativity in real situations, working with some of the best in your field. If you are keen to grow with us, relish the opportunity to work and live in North West Queensland and build an exciting career, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
As a Graduate Mine Geologist, you will be exposed to the diversity of our mine sites with stimulating work and a wealth of professional experience. You will assist with exploring, dating and sampling deposits; interpreting, mapping and modelling the geology of a mine or exploration prospect; advising on grade control and structural geology to minimise mine dilution; advising on the geological suitability of sites for mining ventures. In addition, you will have the opportunity to create 3D mine models and analyse and interpret geological data to develop exploration vectors to deposits. With adequate exposure and experience, you will be well prepared for success by working on future mining and exploration projects and technical consultation.
The successful applicant will have:
- A Bachelor of Science (Geology) or similar
- Have graduated from university within the last 2 years
Why choose Glencore?
With operations across the globe, there is a world of opportunities waiting for you at Glencore. Glencore provides unrivalled career and development prospects, great communities and the opportunity to work with leaders in your field. As part of Glencore's Graduate Program, you will:
- Receive structured, professional development with a real focus on-the-job experience;
- Have scheduled networking and social events with other graduates and members of the senior management teams;
- Be mentored by experienced professionals in your field and receive practical support from business leaders;
- Attend a structured Graduate Professional Development Program designed to accelerate your leadership potential; and ultimately
- Be assisted to achieving your chosen career trajectory, with many of our graduates going on to become leaders in our business.
You will be entitled to a comprehensive range of benefits aimed at attracting and retaining our most valuable asset, our people. We offer competitive remuneration and other financial benefits including medical and insurance discounts, discounts with Virgin, Qantas and Lenovo as well as use of Glencore Rewards, our online discount platform with 100s of retailers. While it is easy to focus on remuneration, other benefits include training and development, ambassadorship opportunities, health and lifestyle, recognition and reward programs as well as lifestyle rosters.
- Mount Isa, North West Queensland (Residential). Mount Isa Mines has the largest network of tunnels in the world >500km accesses every day, routinely mining stopes in excess of 200kt. Mount Isa is a thriving city of 23,000 acting as a hub for regional business, transport, services and government in north-west Queensland. With every sporting club you can think of, golf course, restaurants, gyms and movie theatre, there is always plenty to do. Explore the region with some of the best fishing and camping locations right at your doorstep. Residential roles will also attract relocation assistance, three months' transit accommodation, as well as housing assistance.
- McArthur River, Northern Territory (FIFO from Darwin). McArthur River Mine (MRM) produces zinc, lead and silver from an open cut mine. This is then processed and stored onsite before being transported to Loading Facility and shipped to our customers all over the world. Situated southeast of Darwin, McArthur River Mine (MRM) is a world-class zinc-lead mine with a long future ahead of it. Flying in and Out from Darwin, you spend your onsite time in a camp with a dining room, bar, gym, movie theatre, golf driving range, volleyball courts, cricket pitch, and swimming pool.
- Cloncurry, North West Queensland (Residential/DIDO from Mount Isa). At Ernest Henry Mining, you will be exposed to the Sub-Level Caving mining method where you will take part in cave propagation and subsidence monitoring activities. Situated 150km from Mount Isa, and 38km from Cloncurry, you have the option of Residential Cloncurry, DIDO from Mount Isa or potential for FIFO within QLD, staying in camp accommodation whilst on roster. Cloncurry is one of north-west Queensland's agricultural and mining centres, with a population of just under 3000. As a social hub for the region Cloncurry is host to events including rodeos, races, cultural festivals, community markets and much more. The Ernest Henry Mining Village offers a wet and dry mess, well-equipped gymnasium, a swimming pool and sporting fields. Residential and DIDO roles will also attract relocation assistance, three months' transit accommodation, housing assistance and additional allowances.
Come start your career with a Top 100 Graduate Employer and see how far we can take you.
Applications will only be accepted via our website and close 19th April 2020.