We are accepting applications for our February 2021 cohort. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia as Google is currently unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Google's Information Technology Residency Program (ITRP) is a 26-month role designed to jumpstart your career in technology at Google or beyond. Residents will learn what it takes to support and scale Google's technology from our corporate infrastructure to end-users.
We believe that a successful IT career has its foundation in user support, and ITRP gives you exposure to a wide range of issues, as you will be assisting Googlers from around the world. You will help Google's operations evolve at scale by finding innovative ways to make support more efficient. You will also act as a liaison between technical and non-technical groups to enhance Google's infrastructure and internal services.
We will train and equip you with everything you need to support our users. Through short-term travel, you'll have the opportunity to experience the diverse support landscape in other Google offices. In addition, our learning and development programs are tailored to provide Residents with the technical and professional skills needed to accelerate a career in IT and prepare you for a variety of roles such as Security Engineering, System Administration, Network Engineering, Program Management, and more. Finally, you'll spend three months in a rotation focusing on your selected career path.
IT Residency alumni have advanced on to a variety of positions, both at Google and other technology companies, in areas such as Networking, Security, Site Reliability Engineering, System Administration, Support, and more.
- Provide support across all channels, including chat, email, phone, video, in-person, etc. (the amount of time dedicated to each will vary by location).
- Troubleshoot across Google's corporate resources, applications, and various operating systems, including Linux, OS X, Windows, Chrome OS and Android platforms.
- Support various services such as video conferencing, remote access, new internal products and mobile technology.
- Collaborate and share knowledge across the team and other Googlers.
- Associate's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 months of experience troubleshooting in a Linux, OS X, or Windows networked environment - supporting desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conference, and/or various wireless devices.
- Customer service, client-facing, and/or help desk experience.
- Degree or certification in one of the following: Information Systems, Information Technology, Applied Networking, System Administration or other degrees with applicable experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience, including experience deploying and supporting desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing and various wireless devices.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and to make quick decisions with limited information.
- Effective organisational, communication, leadership, and teamwork/collaboration skills, and passion for new technology and commitment to learning new skills.
- Completion of the Google IT Support Professional Certificate hosted on Coursera or other comparable certifications.
- Eligible to work in Australia.