We know that choosing a career path, no matter where you are in your life, is incredibly difficult. We want to give you as much detail, so you know exactly what you will be in for, and where you'll be at completion.
The Data School Australia is creating the next generation of great data analysts/ consultants. The program takes passionate, data-driven people & immerses them into 4 months of intensive classroom training with industry best technology, tools, techniques and soft skills from a team of experts. The classroom training is followed by 4, 6-month placements into partner organisations.
It's also worth mentioning that there's a real shortage of talent in data analysis & consultancy in the data market today – that's why we're doing this & why we're so excited! We want to shape the future of data analysts, and we want to do it right.
What's in it for you
- 2 years of immersive training and 4 placements where you will learn invaluable skills & get a true taste for the world of data analytics and consulting
- Learn best practice techniques for storing, managing and presenting data
- Become a guru in Tableau, a market leading technology in data visualisation
- Become a guru in Alteryx, a market leading technology in data preparation and transformation
- It's not just data that's important – learn soft skills in presenting and people management. Crucial for your success and longevity in the market.
- Rotation through 4 6-month engagement with our partner organisations in diverse industries
- Learn from a dynamic, expert & passionate team.
- Work from our modern office in Sydney's CBD
- 2+year immersive course: 4 months of classroom training then 4 placements, ea 6 months long
- 28 – month fixed term contract
- $56.400+ per annum that will rise over the placement period
- We're sorry – we can't sponsor you, so make sure you can work in Australia
- 3 starting dates throughout the year: April, August and November.
- Applications for our April intake close on the 1st of February 2021, and then roughly every 4 months after that.
- Upon completion, the world is your oyster – stay on as a consultant and work on various fascinating projects or step your feet out in the big wide world that has been opened up to you
What we're looking for
Here at the Data School, we don't look for what's on your CV or your experience, but we are looking for:
- Passion – we want you to want it, to have a true desire to learn and motivation to improve yourself and your skills every day
- Data-driven minds - you love the idea of immersing yourself in data to drive meaningful insights and create a jaw-dropping outcome
- Tech-Savvy – we don't need you to have experience, but working with tech comes naturally to you, and you enjoy it
- Curiosity – questions are falling out of your mouth, you always want to know how and why
- Resourcefulness – sometimes, the answers aren't always in front of you, you'll need ingenuity and resourcefulness to find answers to those questions you're asking
- Fast learner – picking new things up every day whilst retaining previous knowledge will help you be successful in this role
- Creativity - the goal is delivering outcomes. You'll need creativity to deliver those outcomes in meaningful, digestible forms
Still tossing up whether it's for you?
Have a read of some of the blogs from graduated Data Schoolers who are in training or out in the real consulting world! https://www.thedataschool.com.au/blog
We do things differently and we're proud of it.
So forget about the application process you might be used to. We dont look at your CV, we want to see your passion!
Create a Viz in Tableau and send it to us! Click the Apply link to see how the process works.
We are taking applications at all times. If you share the same inquisitive nature, have a passion for getting to the truth by way of data, then we'd love to hear from you!